SE Asia Operation Support
- About TFA
The Tropical Forest Alliance (TFA) is the leading global public-private-community partnership dedicated to collaborative action to reduce commodity-driven deforestation and advance sustainable land use management in tropical forest countries.
The mission of TFA is to help producers, traders and buyers of forest-risk commodities achieve their commitments to deforestation-free supply chains. It also helps governments of tropical forest countries to realize better growth through sustainable rural development in partnership with civil society and indigenous peoples. TFA works by convening stakeholders at the global and regional level to form partnerships, which are designed to transform land use practices and supply chains. The partnership is open to all organizations sharing its objectives, forest country governments, financial institutions, and agriculture and consumer goods companies with exposure to palm oil, soy, beef, pulp and paper, and cocoa.
- The Role
The Southeast Asia platform of the Tropical Forest Alliance is hosted by the Indonesian Business Council for Sustainable Development (IBCSD) based in Jakarta. Operations team support will report to TFA managerial team. Main role is to help ensure that the operations in organization are as effective and as efficient as possible.
- Manage TFA SEA team and consultant consolidated work plan with traffic light indicator to ensure deliverables are on time.
- Publish dashboard every Monday (morning) or Friday (COB) with analysis of action plans.
- Development of Presentation as required for TFA events, leadership meetings, etc.
- Provides technical assistance to other members and consultants,
- Monitor for problems, taking immediate action where possible and escalating when required, help to resolve the problems, and provide information.
- Support the communication team in developing communication content and social media promotion
3. Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field, Master’s degree or equivalent is preferable
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a relevant organization managing B2B relationship
- Demonstrated ability to engage with private sector to mobilize targeted action
- Experience with building coalitions or partnerships and driving pre-competitive collaboration
- Ability to gain the trust of the TFA partners, private sector, and other stakeholders in the region
- A holistic, deep understanding of the deforestation-free agenda, commodity production, and its links to the broader climate change agenda
- High standards of professionalism and integrity, actively promoting ethics and compliance within the team
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with a wide variety of partners from different backgrounds
- Strong problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia
Interested applicants should send the cover letter and CV to [email protected] with the latest application received COB by 26th October 2020.