Consultant for Tropical Forest Alliance Southeast Asia
|Project||: Collective Action Agenda in pursuing sustainable commodity production, emission reduction and reducing deforestation|
|Location||: Indonesia, Jakarta|
|Number(s) of consultant needed||: Approximately: 1 – 10 consultants|
|Level of Effort||: 5 – 10 days in a month, from 20 October 2020 to May 2021|
|Expertise||: Supply chain value systems, Forestry, Restoration and Conservation, Green Investment, Smallholders, indigenous communities, Policy and Governance system.|
|Level||: Independent consultant and group consultant.|
|Report to||: TFA Southeast Asia team|
The Tropical Forest Alliance Southeast Asia (TFA-SA) continues to convene multi-stakeholder dialogue and build shared action agenda for collective action through developing a collection of business cases and policy briefs and other publications required.
The objective of this consultancy is to support TFA-SA community to produce publications: business cases, policy briefs, and others related publications. Thematic areas of publications include responsible business, policy and governance, green investment, communication and youth engagement, smallholders, indigenous communities. The overarching principle of publications format consist of situational analysis, challenges and opportunities, priorities for interventions and roadmap for actions.
The Tropical Forest Alliance (TFA) is a global multi stakeholder platform focused on reducing commodity driven deforestation. Hosted by the World Economic Forum, the TFA works with over 160 public, private and civil society actors to catalyze high-impact partnerships to address the inherent tensions that exist to grow production while protecting the forests – public and private, producer and market, global and local, people and the forest frontier. The TFA operates regional platforms in Latin America, West and Central Africa, China and Southeast Asia. The work under this consultancy will be performed in collaboration with the Southeast Asia platform.
The consultant will work closely with TFA Southeast Asia Team and its members and partners (Government of Indonesia, business sectors and civil societies) and will undertake the following tasks:
- Consult with TFA SA in the process of developing the concept note and draft of proposal.
- Develop proposals that indicated an overview of the study includes: background, methodological framework, objectives, indicative timelines & deliverable and budget.
- Participate in the meetings/dialogue that TFA convened with its stakeholders to identify topics/issues to be covered for business case/policy briefs
- Review existing documents covering studies, reports, regulations, rules and other documents, related to respected theme: responsible business, indigenous communities, green investments, smallholders, policy and governance systems in Indonesia and Malaysia.
- Write a report on the review of the implementation of two decades of fiscal decentralization in Indonesia, including providing concrete policy recommendations on improving fiscal decentralization and local government finance in Indonesia
- Present the findings from the business cases/policy briefs to the stakeholders should that be requested by the TFA Southeast Asia team.
- Identifying one thematic area of interest and provide TFA SA with : 1) Draft of Terms of Reference (ToR)— outlining: context/background, objective, methodology, scope of works, timeline and deliverables —- and 2) Draft proposal of work plan.
- Draft of business case/policy briefs and other required documents
- Final business cases/policy briefs and other required documents
- All deliverables must be prepared in reporting format that must be agreed by TFA SA team.
- Extensive working experience and knowledge in the issues of responsible business, green investment, policy and governance, communication, indigenous community, smallholders and communication and youth engagement.
- Strong background in Public policy in Indonesia and have extensive experiences working with Government of Indonesia with Coordinating Ministry and Technical Ministry.
- Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia both written and oral.
- Master’s degree from nationally/internationally recognized university in Public Administration, Public Policy, Development Studies, Political Science, Economics, Governance or Social Science field.
- At least 10 years’ experience of working in the sectors of green investment, supply chain systems and actively engage with private sectors (brands, growers, traders) and community’s engagements (in indigenous communities, youth engagement, smallholders).
- At least 10 years’ experience of undertaking policy studies and write business cases on the issues highlighted in the areas of responsible business, green investment, policy and governance, indigenous community, communication & galvanizing youth and smallholders.
- Prior work experience with Government of Indonesia in the national level, particularly with Ministry of Environment and Forestry (MoEF), National Development Planning Agency, Coordinating Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Agriculture.
- Work experience in development agency and research institution.
LEVEL OF EFFORT
The level of effort is total of 7,5 months (no travel required) with estimated 4 days in a month.
Please kindly submit your application by October 31 2020 to the email below: [email protected]