Country Programme Manager – Indonesia
GRI is looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial country program manager with strong program management skills and experience to implement a four-year Corporate Sustainability and Reporting for Competitive Business (CSRCB) – Phase II program In Indonesia. The program is supported by the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO). The goal of the CSRCB program is to contribute to a better integration of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) into Global Value Chains (GVCs) through more and sector-specific sustainability reporting by SMEs, resulting in more jobs and income opportunities in the target
Position summary and job purpose
The post holder will be part of GRI’s Regions and Programs Implementation Department and reports to the Department’s Director in Amsterdam. (S)He will also have a functional reporting line to the Senior Global Program Manager at the GRI Secretariat in Amsterdam that oversees the implementation of all donor funded programs. Key activities include planning, monitoring and evaluation of the program and reporting on progress, organizing events and workshops and to serve as the country focal point for all stakeholders of the program in Indonesia. We are looking for a seasoned program manager with a proven track record in managing programs and developing and fostering relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
- Program Management: leading the planning, implementation, and monitoring of the CRSCB country program, ensuring that the program is implemented within the scope, on time, budget and quality and reporting on progress to the Global Program Manager based in Amsterdam.
- Identify and select program partners i.e., large enterprises, industry associations, and other stakeholders and develop joint activities with them.
- Develop, communicate and implement a country specific vision on sustainability reporting in close collaboration with the Global Program Manager.
- Organize and conduct workshops, trainings, networking, and advocacy events
- Engage with key local policy actors (national government and non-governmental organizations) to foster a conducive sustainability (reporting) environment in the target countries and globally.
- Collect and share lessons learned
- Stakeholder Management: liaise with all the program stakeholders:
- Local partners
- Secretariat staff
- Donor relations
- Assist staff from the global Secretariat in implementing the program activities as requested
- Communication and visibility: ensuring the visibility of the CRSCB program through timely and compelling communication activities
- Assist in other activities relevant to the country program
Key competencies / Requirements
- Masters’ degree in related field required. A first level University degree with minimum 5 years of relevant working experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- Strong credentials in project management – including planning, execution, and budget control of existing projects;
- Previous experience working with donor funded programs;
- Proven track record on initiating, creating and ownership of new projects;
- Previous experience in capacity building (providing trainings) management. Experience in working with SMEs is a plus;
- Experienced strategic planner, able to easily shift gears between conceptual design and practical implementation;
- Proven ability in building and maintaining relationship networks;
- Public speaking/presenting skills to represent GRI is a plus;
- Proven ability to create content (excellent writing skills);
- Excellent Bahasa Indonesia skills and, native level of written and spoken English with excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Detail and results oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks and work on precise timelines;
- Willingness to travel domestically and occasionally internationally;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently;
- Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting; and
- Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI would be an advantage
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends.
Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.
How to apply
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in Indonesia (i.e. already in possession of relevant paperwork), are invited to submit their resume in English and motivation letter in to recruitment[email protected] The deadline to submit an application is 06.00 pm (WIB), 24th November 2017. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI, Attn. Human Resources Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00