Senior Corporate Engagement Officer, Forests
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Job purpose and background:
CDP is seeking for Senior Corporate Engagement Officer, Forests with excellent relationship-building and project management skills to contribute to its work addressing commodity-driven deforestation in the Power of Procurement Indonesia project. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated self-starter who enjoys taking ownership of a project and thrives in a varied and autonomous environment.
CDP is a global non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with over 590 institutional investors with assets of US$110 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts.
About CDP’s forests program
CDP’s forests program works to remove commodity driven deforestation from corporate value chains to effectively contribute to a below 1.5?C, water secure world; and to decouple deforestation from forest risk commodity production. CDP’s work on forests was launched in 2014 and now boasts the backing of 590 financial institutions with over US$110 trillion in assets. The program provides critical forests related data from the world’s largest corporations that buy, sell or trade key forests risk commodities (cattle products, palm oil, soy products and timber). The data is used to inform the global marketplace on investment risk and commercial opportunity, and to catalyze action, supporting companies in their efforts to remove deforestation from their supply chains.
Please visit www.cdp.net or follow us @CDP to find out more.
The role will be fixed term contract starting as soon as possible and ending 30 November 2022.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging with companies on deforestation in Indonesian palm oil supply chains (through phone calls, one-to-one meetings, presentations and workshops);
- Establish and maintain relationship with sustainability related stakeholders in companies and other organisation working in sustainable supply chain;
- Organizing and delivering capacity building and training events;
- Conducting research and analyses to support the project activities;
- Support in data analysis for the development of reports;
- Developing educational and training materials for company procurement teams;
- Support the wider CDP HK team to increase company’s awareness of CDP in this region;
- Supporting monitoring and evaluation of the project implementation.
- A university degree in Environment, Forest Engineering, Sustainability or a related subject.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in project management;
- Expertise in the drivers of deforestation in palm oil supply chains, and key geographies, particularly Indonesia;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Confidence in interacting and presenting to company executives;
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
- Track-record of working effectively with multiple project partners;
- Love for data and information and utilizing it to drive change;
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Ability to work effectively in a small team and remotely with colleagues in CDP’s global offices;
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English required;
- Willingness to travel occasionally or as required.
This is a full-time role based in Jakarta reporting to the Senior Manager, Forests.
Salary and benefits: salary and benefits are dependent on experience. We provide an annual discretionary bonus, 24 days holidays plus public holidays, the opportunity to work flexibly and many others.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in Indonesia.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to [email protected] with ‘Senior Corporate Engagement Officer, Forests
in the subject. The deadline is 31 August, 2021.